Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thunderstorms in Corciano




Last night we experienced my first summer thunderstorm in Italy... it was well received! It had been so incredibly hot lately, that the cool air was welcomed with open arms.



I love summer thunderstorms, and haven't been in one since I moved from Chicago... it was great to feel that sensation again. After the storm, my roommates and I couldn't resist running outside to take pictures of the amazing sunset in the aftermath. The haze and clouds surrounding the vast mountain ranges were incredible. And it was such a relief to be able to walk around without sweating!!


I took tons of pictures before my battery died, Alison ran out of room in her memory card, and Sola's camera was acting up. It was a sign that we needed to come home and enjoy the rest of the evening in the comfort of our sweet pad....

No comments: