Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Best Meal Yet....




So as most of you know, this past Wednesday evening has become not only one of my most memorable evenings in Italy, but the most memorable moment of my life thusfar....

I was dying to take Dave to the local Ristorante, Il Convento... As everyone knows, I have had some of my best meals here. The house wine is great, the food is great, it's a beautiful romantic restaurant with an outdoor garden seating or intimate indoor seating under an ancient vaulted ceiling... nothing can beat it.

We chose to sit outside, and proceeded to have a great meal. We started with a delicious salad, ravioli in a walnut cream sauce, and Dave had (what he calls) Pork wrapped in Bacon. I wanted the chicken, but they were out...so I ordered what I thought was scallops... but it was scalloped veal! I had to send it back (because I don't eat beef...) but I did get a delicious formaggio sampling to top it off.

Before dessert, Dave ordered 2 glasses of Prosecco (which is sparkling white wine-like Champagne)... and he wanted to toast to us... "To my best friend, whom I love..." I was so touched! I almost cried...But it wasn't over yet...

He proceeded to say how we've been together for a long time, and he was wondering (as he reached into his pocket for a little box) if I would marry him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ring on the table...then on my finger....

As everyone knows, I may be a silly lady at times, but I am no fool, and I agreed.

It was perfection....



No comments: