Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Evening in Assisi

I was so thrilled to be in the land of St. Francis of Assisi, the Patron Saint of Animals and Poverty (two things I know pretty well!!)
border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5217234706730356962" />
This town was very beautiful... with winding hilly streets and the magnificient Duomo constructed in honor of St. Francis, I was in awe of everything I saw.

The church itself was breathtaking. Unfortunatly, we couldn't take pictures inside...but you can take my word for it, the place was gorgeous. Not only were there frescos on every wall, but there were exhibits were displaying his original robes and shoes, examples of his writing, and his tomb where his bones & ashes were placed.

Of all the places so far, I found Assisi to be the most spiritual for me. As everyone knows my deep connection to animals and nature, and I felt honored to be in the presense of such a gentle saint whose ideals followed some of my own.

No comments: