Saturday, August 9, 2008

FINAL DAY in Corciano-Horseback Riding & Dinner by the Lake








On Sat night at the Corciano Festival, I was lucky enough to be introduced to Marco, whose parents owned a huge riding stable right outside of Corciano! Sola was just chatting with him and found out that he lived and worked at a stable that had at least 60-70 horses!! I was hooked up right away.

We met at around 9 AM (not before I had my last Corciano Latte), and he took us out to an amazing riding facility. Marco gave me a lesson on a horse named Maverick, though unlike the Top Gun Maverick, he didn't really feel the need for speed, or going very fast at all! But it was great... and it rekindled my need and love for the sport. I'm hoping to start lessons again once I get back to the states.



After the lesson, Marco gave Sola and I a great tour of the grounds. Not only is this a great place for riding, but they also have lodging and a restaurant. You can tell these horses are well loved and well cared for, as well as the rest of the dogs, cats, birds and pigs that live here!!







I also met Marco's cousin, who was a champion pony rider, and we met her baby, Creme Caramel. So sweet! We also saw the trophy room, where all of the horses ribbons and trophies live. Marco's mother is not only a successful horsewoman, but she is also an amazing illustrator! We got to see some of her work, and I felt connected to her, even though I only met her briefly.


In the evening, we had a group dinner at this great place up on a mountaintop. The veiw was spectacular, and the food was tasty! It was really fun to have a final meal with everybody. After the meal, we were suprised with a DVD created by Gabriella, the main host who set everyone up in Corciano. It was truly a touching evening.

No comments: